(updated 27 Nov 2014)
On this page you’ll find a listing of my favourite blogs, books, and other resources. If you would like to recommend any other blogs or books to me, please contact me or leave a comment at the bottom of this page.
- Alison Leigh Lilly
- Beyond the Fields We Know
- Bo Mackison
- Dispatch From LA
- The Druid’s Garden
- The Girl Who Married a Bear
- The Hermitage
- Honey Grove
- iHanna’s Blog
- In a Dark Time… The Eye Begins to See
- Joanna Paterson
- La Vie Graphite
- Planet Millie
10 Favourite Books: Non-fiction
- David Abram, The Spell of the Sensuous: Perception & Language in a More-Than-Human World (mentioned here)
- Thomas Berry, The Dream of the Earth
- Annie Dillard, Pilgrim at Tinker Creek (mentioned here)
- Hannah Hinchman, A Trail Through Leaves: The Journal as a Path to Place
- Ursula K. Le Guin, Lao Tzu: Tao Te Ching: A Book About the Way & the Power of the Way
- Aldo Leopold, A Sand County Almanac
- John Daido Loori, The Zen of Creativity: Cultivating Your Artistic Life
- Bill Plotkin, Nature & the Human Soul: Cultivating Wholeness & Community in a Fragmented World (mentioned here)
- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet
- Henry David Thoreau, Walden
Also see my post on five books to shift your relationship with the more-than-human world, and all of my book reviews for more.
10 Favourite Books: Fiction
- Steven Brust & Emma Bull, Freedom & Necessity
- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
- Susan Cooper, The Dark is Rising (series)
- E.R. Eddison, The Worm Ouroboros
- William Gibson, Pattern Recognition
- Nick Harkaway, The Gone-Away World
- Ellen Kushner, The Privilege of the Sword
- Ursula K. Le Guin, A Wizard of Earthsea (the entire series, but especially this book)
- Robin McKinley, Sunshine
- Neal Stephenson, Anathem
Also see my A to Z book survey where I discuss many of my favourite books, especially novels.
Resources for British Columbia Nature-Lovers
For anyone who would like to learn more about this beautiful province.
- Wayne Campbell & Gregory Kennedy, Birds of British Columbia
- Richard Cannings & Sydney Canning, British Columbia: A Natural History – If you want only one book that gives an overview of almost everything, this is the one.
- Sydney Cannings, JoAnne Nelson, & Richard Cannings, Geology of British Columbia: A Journey Through Time
- Tamara Eder & Don Pattie, Mammals of British Columbia
- Andy MacKinnon, Jim Pojar, & Ray Coupé, Plants of Northern British Columbia
- Roberta Parish, Ray Coupé, & Dennis Lloyd, Plants of Southern Interior British Columbia & the Inland Northwest
- Jim Pojar & Andy MacKinnon, Plants of Coastal British Columbia
- E-Fauna BC and E-Flora BC
- LibraryThing. The best website to catalogue your books. I’m Heather39 over there. Feel free to browse my library and leave me a message if you’re also a member.
- My favourite Tarot decks: the Shadowscapes Tarot by Stephanie Pui-Mun Law, and the Tarot of Trees by Dana Driscoll.
- Bullet Journal and D*I*Y Planner. All you need for a homemade planning and productivity system.
Do you have any book, blog, or website recommendations for me? I’d love to hear them! Let me know through my contact page.